Wednesday, May 28, 2014

AOTA Fun In Baltimore

The first weekend of April, I had the tremendous privilege of giving a presentation with a colleague of mine at the American Occupational Therapy Conference in Baltimore.



This was something I had already committed to prior to our big move and I felt so fortunate to still be apart of it. To make things even more exciting, my closest OT gals from NYU decided to come for the weekend too! It was three FULL days of laughter, libations, reminiscing, nerdy OT talk, stalking OT celebs, and making grand plans for our profession. 

Oh, and hanging out with this cutie-pa-tootie Isla.


Isn't she yummy? I could eat cuddle her all day. 

 

On our first full day of conference (and the day before the presentation), I was feeling incredibly nervous. Someone had the brilliant idea that a crab hat and a stiff bloody mary might fix that problem. It certainly helped! 


Later that night, the festivities continued over tapas and sangria. Becky wore her Kate Middleton shirt.


Future OT???


The next morning, we were up bright and early with our coffees in hand, ready for another full day at conference. Despite my nerves, our presentation turned out a success and I had tons of fun! It was very inspiring to be able to talk about my own experiences and collaborate with other OTs across the country who I share the same passions with. 



With the presentation behind me and conference finishing up for the day, we were mentally checked out and ready to celebrate! 


Love these two! Bona fide Brooklynites and soon-to-be-married.



It quickly morphed into an "Empire Space Needle" kinda night, full of OT silliness. You can take the girl out of NYC but you can't take NYC out of the girl.


On our last day in Baltimore, we trekked over to the charming Fell's Point neighborhood for brunch before saying our goodbyes and parting ways. 









Can't wait until our next reunion!

No comments :

Post a Comment